Snooker - Bet Now at Bet365
Former champion Graeme Dott admits he is desperate to qualify for the World Snooker Championship.
The Scot, who won the title in 2025 and finished as the runner-up behind Neil Robertson in 2010, faces Kyren Wilson in a qualifier on Tuesday, with the winner set to secure a place in the tournament proper.
Dott feels it would come as a bitter blow if he missed out on a place in snooker's showpiece event and is desperate to see off Wilson on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old insists he doesn?t mind who he faces in the first-round at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield as he is just hoping to be involved.
He told the Sheffield Telegraph: "If I qualify then it makes a change that I'd be a bad draw for someone.
"I don't think many would like to play me, or someone like Ken Doherty or Mark Williams for instance.
"But the other side to that is that I could draw someone like Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins in the first round.
"If I can win my qualifying match then I genuinely don't mind who I play in the first round.
"It's not a bad chance to catch somebody cold, but before that I've got a big match to win. On my day I know I can beat anybody."
He added: "I;ve got great memories of winning the tournament, but you never really know how you're going to do until you get to Sheffield.
"But I definitely wouldn't like to be at home when the tournaments on and not competing in it.
"I can understand why other players have said in the past they didn't want to watch it on the TV if they had been knocked out or failed to qualify.
"I think I'd do the same, it would be hard to watch because you'd want to be there. It just wouldn't be the same."
Dott can be backed at1.33to beat Wilson, who is priced at3.25to see off the former champion and secure a place at the World Snooker Championship.
View all Snooker betting at Bet365