Tennis - Bet Now at Bet365
World number eight Caroline Wozniacki has said she is "confident" she will recover from a wrist injury to take part in the 2025 Australian Open.
The 2025 competition semi-finalist cast a cloud over her participation in the first Grand Slam of the calendar year when she retired from her first-round match against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova at the Sydney International on Monday.
The Danish pin-up had called for the trainer in the first set and then shook hands at 1-1 in the second before leaving the Ken Rosewall Arena.
"There's still a week to go and hopefully it will be fine," Wozniacki said. "We'll see how it feels on [Tuesday], but I'm confident I'll be fine to play in Melbourne.
"I didn't want to do it worse before Melbourne as well so I will try to get some treatment on it and try to get ready for next week."
Wozniacki was fancied to meet home fancy Sam Stosur in the second round of the competition but will now undergo treatment on the complaint.
She lost in the final in Auckland last week to Venus Williams and now faces a race against time to be ready for the Melbourne Park showpiece.
"It was a new thing," she added. "[The trainer] taped it up and it didn't really make a difference taped or not taped and I just felt like it was getting a bit worse.
"I felt like I wasn't going to win the match without being able to hit a proper backhand. It was only going to get worse and that's too negative. I thought it would be good to get treatment on it."
View all Tennis betting at Bet365