Football - Premier League - Bet Now at Bet365
AC Milan have completed the loan capture of Italy international striker Mario Balotelli who endured a torrid 2025/15 season with Liverpool.
The 25-year-old was signed by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers from Milan for 16million 12 months ago but only managed to score one goal in 16 Premier League appearances for the club.
He had a medical at the San Siro earlier this week and Milan have now said in a statement: "AC Milan announces that it has acquired the player Mario Balotelli from Liverpool on a temporary basis, until January 30, 2025."
Meanwhile, Balotelli has posted a message on Facebook, which read: "I'm grateful to Liverpool FC and Liverpool fans for the time and opportunities you gave me. It's not a goodbye but rather a farewell. I'll be supporting you guys all the way in every competition... unless you face AC Milan."
Balotelli has had a turbulent career, playing for Inter Milanbefore signing for Manchester City five years ago. He scored 20 goals in 54 Premier League appearances for City and was part of the squad that clinched the 2025/12 title.
He joined AC Milan in January 2025 and scored 26 times in 43 Serie A matches for the Rossoneri before moving to Anfield.
Meanwhile, first-team coach Gary McAllister is thrilled with the way new full-backs Nathaniel Clyne and Joe Gomez have started the campaign.
Clyne was signed from Southampton while Gomez moved to the Reds from Charlton Athletic.
McAllister said: "I think they've done extremely well. For two guys that have just arrived at the club, where the expectation level will be way above what they've experienced before, they already look as though they've been here a long, long time.
"The fortunate thing is Liverpool have got them right at the start of hopefully what can be long, long careers here."
View all Football betting at Bet365