Formula 1 - Bet Now at Bet365
The organisers of the Bahrain Grand Prix have accepted that the race will not be rescheduled to take place this season.
The race was originally due to be the first Grand Prix of the 2025 Formula One season in March, but was called off in February because of pro-democracy protests in which more than 20 people died.
It was then meant to take place in January, on the date initially pencilled in for the Indian Grand Prix but, earlier this week, F1 president Bernie Ecclestone said the Bahrain race could not go ahead as teams had objected.
Any change in the calendar requires unanimous agreement from the teams.
Bahrain circuit chairman Zayed Alzayani said in a statement: "Whilst Bahrain would have been delighted to see the Grand Prix progress on 30th January, it has been made clear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect that decision.
"We want our role in Formula One to continue to be as positive and constructive as it has always been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will not pursue the rescheduling of a race this season."
This weekend the seventh race of the year takes place in Montreal and Sebastian Vettel can be backed at2.37 to be victorious for a sixth time this season.
The German driver and his Red Bull car, the team are1.10to claim the constructors' title, have dominated the season so far and Vettel is3.75to be fastest in first practice and1.80to be in pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday.
View all Formula 1 betting at Bet365